State Specific Permit & Show Information
Potential and current vendors, please review these pages to become familiar with Repticon’s rules and show schedule, and also to review State and local laws and requirements. You may also register for tables using our online form or contact a Vendor Coordinator at the Booking Office.
Bookings Office Hours:
Georgia Animal Restrictions
– No Reptiles Native to GA (as a general guideline, any animal naturally found East of the Mississippi River is likely to be native to Georgia.)
– No State or Federally Protected Animals
– No Tortoises or Turtles under 4″ (NO EXCEPTIONS)
– No Hedgehogs
– No Spotted, Bog, Alligator Snapping, Map, Barbour’s Map or Alabama Map Turtles
– You may sell Florida Kingsnakes as long as they LOOK like Florida King per Todd Nimms GA DNR
– No Venomous Reptiles
**Sugar Gliders may now be owned in Georgia with legal documentation from a USDA facility. Review regulations here.
CVI- A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) is required for ALL animals and/or birds coming into GA from out of state.
License- A special “Pet Dealers” license is required! This license may be obtained online or by mailing the application with a turn around time of three weeks before the show from the GA Department of Agriculture field inspectors. The cost is $200 per year.
Documentation- Documentation of all sales (except mice, rats and invertebrates ) must be maintained by the seller and records must be made available for inspection upon request by the Animal Protection Inspectors. Repticon will supply the forms for you.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact:
Ga. Department of Agriculture
Companion Animal Section Manager
19 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., SW
Atlanta, Ga. 30334
or GA DNR/Brook (Special Permits/Licensing) at phone: 770-918-3044