Instructions for Vendors Interested in Self-Booking
1. Scroll to the bottom of this page below and select the link to the show that you would like to vend. If you do not see that show listed, it is not yet open for vendor booking.
2. Once on the layout page, if you have never vended a show in this booking system, click the gray icon in the top right corner and Register a User profile.
3. Once you are registered, return to that same gray icon and Sign In. Previously registered vendors should Sign In in at that same place.
4. Select the open tables of your choice on the layout.
5. Proceed with checkout as instructed.
If you encounter any problems and need help with a manual booking, please email [email protected] or text/call (407) 734-3976.
Potential and current vendors, please review these pages to become familiar with Repticon’s rules and show schedule, and also to review State and local laws and requirements. You may also register for tables using our online registration maps.
February 4 & 5, 2023 – Johnson City, TN Vendor Registration is Sold Out. Please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
February 4 & 5, 2023 – Costa Mesa, CA Vendor Registration is Sold Out. Please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
February 11 & 12, 2023 – Charlotte, NC Vendor Registration is Sold Out. Please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
February 25 & 26, 2023 – Tampa Vendor Registration is Sold Out. Please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
March 4 & 5, 2023 – Dallas, TX Vendor Registration is Sold Out. Please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
March 11 & 12, 2023 – Greenville, SC Vendor Registration is Sold Out. Please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
March 18 & 19, 2023 – Raleigh, NC Vendor Registration is Sold Out. Please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
April 1, 2023 – ReptiDay Ft Myers Vendor Registration Vendor Registration is Sold Out. Please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist.
2:00pm- 8:00pm Vendor Load-In
8:00pm- Building is secured. Event staff remains in the venue.
7:00am- 9:00am- Vendor Load-In
|Saturday Show hours:
9:00am- Venue open to Exhibitors.
10:00am- SHOW OPENS.
|Sunday Show hours:
|*Please contact the venue directly regarding shipping|
|7:00am - Vendors Arrive|
|10:00am - 4:00pm - Show Hours|
|6:00pm - Room Clear|
|*Please contact the venue directly regarding shipping|
These are the general Repticon Vendor Rules. Additional rules may apply to a particular show. Please see the Terms and Conditions for a particular show booking for a comprehensive list of vendor rules for that show.
These rules may be changed at any time, at Repticon’s discretion.
Repticon seeks to produce shows that are family-friendly and which feature only legal, family-friendly offerings. If Repticon deems an exhibitor’s products or presentation to be either non family-friendly or out of Repticon’s area of expertise to evaluate the legality of the offering, the offending product or content may not be displayed or distributed at Repticon shows. This includes but is not limited to: weapons, sexual or pornographic imagery, adult language, games of chance, raffles, medicinal or cannabis-related products, religious or political solicitation, vaping products, piercing, and tattooing.
The determination of what violates this policy is at the sole discretion of Repticon. Any vendor who is asked by Repticon staff to remove offending products or content and does not do so immediately is in violation of these vendor rules, and may be compelled to leave the show.
Are there any restrictions on the products or animals that can be sold at Repticon? – All animals must be healthy and legal to sell within the state. Vendors who intentionally and repeatedly offer illegal or unhealthy animals for sale may be banned from future shows. Vendors are responsible for obtaining all required licenses and permits to keep and sell all animals and products that they possess at the show, and are responsible for researching and understanding those requirements. Venomous animals may not be displayed, sold, or brought to any show other than Repticon Columbia.
Table Limit – 8 Table limit, if more than 8 tables are needed, you will need to contact bookings.
Dry Goods at all Repticon shows:
- At Repticon shows within Florida, vendors other than Family Reptiles, must limit their dry goods to one table, and the dry goods offered must make physical contact with the tabletop (no racks or shelves may be used to expand the dry-goods offered.) Back stock of dry-goods for vendors who do not have dry-goods slots must be stored out of sight of customers on the show floor. Any dry-goods back stock stored under tables must be contained in unmarked opaque containers.
- Vendors at Repticon shows outside of Florida may not utilize more than 50% of their booth to display and/or sell dry goods without prior approval from Repticon.
- Pre-Approval on Large Amounts of Product: Outside of Florida, any vendor who’s booth contains 50% or more of product other than live animals must receive pre-approval from Repticon. What constitutes 50% is at the discretion of Repticon.
- “Dry goods” are defined as products purchased by vendors for resale, and which are used to directly support the care of live animals within or attached to an enclosure. Dry goods include, but are not limited to, lightbulbs, enclosure decorations, vitamin supplements, food and water bowls, hides, and substrates. Commercially produced enclosures purchased by the vendor and offered for resale are also considered dry goods.
- Items that are not typically used within a reptile enclosure to support the care of live animals, such as books, tools, t-shirts, and novelty items, are not considered dry goods. Products that the vendor produces by hand for sale, such as custom enclosures or racks, are not considered dry goods.
- Dry goods must be placed on tables, not rolling racks, unless prior approval is obtained from Repticon. For the safety of our vendors and guests, dry goods may not be stacked more than 2’ high on tables.
- Back stock of dry-goods must be stored out of sight of customers on the show floor. Any dry-goods back stock stored under tables must be contained in unmarked opaque containers.
- What constitutes a “full table” of live animals and/or a “full table” of dry goods under this policy is at the discretion of Repticon.
- The animals that are sold in a mixed dry goods/live animal booth must be sold by the same vendor. A “dry goods” vendor may not split a booth with an animal vendor to reach the 50% minimum live animal representation.
- Any vendor may offer dry goods that they or their company produces themselves without restriction.
Frozen Feeders and Insect Feeders
No vendor may offer frozen feeder rodents or live feeder insects at Repticon shows without the prior approval of Repticon at a given show. There are feeder vendor exclusives for frozen and insects at all shows to ensure coverage, and no other vendor may offer frozen or insect feeders, promote feeder sales, or bring a freezer into any Repticon show without the approval of Repticon. Live feeder rodents may be sold by any vendor where local law permits.
Deposit – Vendors are now required to pay a 10% deposit to hold the tables. This minimal deposit ($9.50 for one table, $25 for a four table package) is intended to ensure that only vendors who truly intend to vend at a show actually complete the booking process, while still keeping the up-front costs for booking tables extremely low for those vendors who book multiple shows throughout the year. This will be refundable or transferable up to a month before the show.
Extra “Back” Tables – If a vendor requires an extra “back” table to go either behind their regular tables or inside their booth, they may purchase an extra table for $30, with the purchase of at least two regular tables. The extra table must be used behind their regular display and must fit within their space. There is a limit of only one extra “back” table allowed per vendor, regardless of number of tables purchased. If pre-paying, an extra table is available via a PayPal button at checkout.
Vendor Badge (Staff Entry) Rules
- All Staff working a table, a vendor’s family or otherwise, are required to have a Badge.
- Additional Badges other than those included with a purchase of tables are $15 each for two day shows and $10 for one day shows. (See Maximum Badges below)
- Only One Badge is allowed per person.
- Each Vendor must be present to receive their Badge. No Badge will be given out for people who are not present.
- We ask that all vendors wear and keep their Badges visible throughout the show weekend to help all Repticon staff distinguish vendors from our show guests
- If a vendor brings their child (minor) with them, and the child is not working the table, that child needs to receive a guest hand stamp. The vendor must accompany their child to the entry area to be stamped. No child will be given a hand stamp without their accompanying vendor parent present. Any vendor’s child allowed into the show in this way will not receive a Badge.
- All “guests” of vendors coming into the show, whether doing business or not, (such as visiting family, customers who have pre-purchased and are picking up items, etc)., must pay admission to be admitted into the show.
The following are the badges included per table purchase and maximum allowed per table.
Tables – Badges Included in Table Purchase – + Maximum Additional Badges Allowed for Purchase
1 Table – 2 Badges +1 (3 total)
2 Tables – 2 Badges +3 (5 total)
3 Tables – 3 Badges +4 (7 total)
4 Tables – 4 Badges +5 (9 total)
If any vendor wants more than 9 workers requiring badges at their tables, they must purchase more than 4 tables.
Vendor Cancellation Policies
- All bookings, cancellations and/or changes must go through Booking Team. Any bookings or cancellations attempted through other avenues or team members will not be considered complete and will not guarantee space at a show or waiving of cancellation penalties
- Vendors who have booked tables for a show and need to cancel for any reason must notify Repticon via e-mail to [email protected] by 8:00am EST on the Monday two weeks preceding the show to cancel without penalty.
- Vendors cancelling after 8:00am EST the Monday two weeks before the show but before 8:00am EST on the Monday the week of the show are responsible for payment of 50% of the original cost of tables booked if cancellation is made before 8:00am EST on the Monday the week of the show. This payment must be paid in full before the vendor may book tables at any future Repticon show.
- Vendors cancelling later than 8:00am EST on the Monday prior to the show will be required to pay for the cancelled tables in full before booking any tables at future Repticon shows and will be required to pre-pay in full for all future tables booked.
- Vendors who No-Show/No-Notice a booked show without contacting Repticon will be responsible for their full table placement plus 25%, and will be required to pre-pay in full for all future tables booked.
Further Vendor Rules
- Participation – Repticon reserves the right to make the final determination on whether any vendor or exhibitor may participate in a particular show.
- Alcohol & Illegal Drugs – No Alcoholic beverages or Illegal Drugs are allowed on the premises any Repticon Show.
- Access to Facilities – Exhibitors will have access to the event facilities only during the times specified in the load-in and load-out schedules.
- Theft of Exhibitor Property – Each exhibitor is expected to appropriately display their materials and staff their tables in order to prohibit shoplifting or theft. Repticon is not responsible for any theft before, during, or after any event.
- Exhibit Look – Each exhibitor is expected to create a professional, attractive display area in their space. It is mandatory that Vendors must have a tablecloth to cover all their tables. If necessary, Repticon will provide them at $3 per table.
- Clean-up – At the end of each show, vendors are expected to leave their booth space reasonably clean without excessive trash on the tables or the floor. Vendors not adhering to this guideline must pay a $50 cleaning deposit when reserving space at future shows.
- Shipments to Venue – If a vendor chooses to have product shipped to the venue, it is fully the responsibility of the vendor to ensure that the venue will accept their shipments and that they are sent on the required days in the required manner, i.e. with lift gates, inside delivery, etc. Repticon will not receive product on behalf of a vendor and will not be liable for any product lost, damaged, or stolen due to delivery before that vendor arrives onsite.
Violation of Event Rules
- Repticon reserves the right to strictly enforce the event rules.
- Any vendor who is determined to be in violation of these rules by Repticon will be, at Repticon’s discretion, removed from the show. Exhibitors instructed to leave must immediately vacate the host facility premises. Exhibitors refusing to comply or attempting to continue selling while packing up will have their materials and animals removed at their expense and will bear all risk of damage associated with the movement of their materials and animals.
- Any exhibitor creating a hostile situation with other vendors, guests or event staff will also be removed under these same terms.
- No exhibitor who is removed from the show for any reason will be entitled to any refund of any fees or any monetary damages
- Any vendor who vacates their tables before the show closes, removes more than 50% of their product before the show closes, or creates empty tables through product consolidation before the show closes will be charged his or her full table rent, plus an additional $50 per table, per show day fine that the vendor had committed to fill.
- Vendors who sell through all of their product at a particular show may, with express permission of the Repticon show Manager onsite, be permitted to leave the show early, but will be required to leave a table cover and business cards or other promotional literature at each of their tables.
- Please see sections above for No-Show/No-Notice penalties.
- Temperature Considerations – Vendors with animals, please be aware that at all events Repticon strives to work with host venues to keep temperatures at levels that would be reasonable for the needs of most herps. However, weather conditions should be taken into consideration and Repticon advises that vendors should make any necessary preparations they consider appropriate for their specific animals. If it is unseasonably cold or hot, please take special precautions. Power outages and other climate control challenges are also always a risk. Repticon can not be held liable for the health of a vendor’s animals due to temperature fluctuations.
- Animal Policies – State Specific Permits and Regulations can be found on their individual pages
- Handling Animals – Exhibitors who choose to remove non-venomous animals from their enclosures or allow guests to handle their animals are responsible for maintaining control of the animals at all time. Each exhibitor is exclusively liable for any damage to property or personal injury resulting from handling of their live animals on the host facility premises.
- Escaped Animals – Each exhibitor is responsible for ensuring that no animals leave their exhibit area unless under the control of an employee or customer. Each vendor is responsible for recapturing any escaped animals without unreasonable disruption to other exhibitors or guests. Any escaped animals must be immediately reported to Repticon. Any lost animals that are found after event hours or after the event closes become the property of Repticon, with no obligation for return to the original owner.
- Wild-Caught Animals – There is no restriction regarding sale of legal, wild-caught animals. Exhibitors are not required to display any particular signage, but are required to disclose any pertinent information to interested guests, including whether a particular animal is wild-caught or captive bred.
- Guests Bringing Animals – Where venue rules and local regulations allow, guests will be allowed to bring up to two animals inside the event. We feel strongly that this interaction will provide guests with an additional opportunity to engage in discussion with exhibitors and will generate excitement among event attendees. Animals brought by guests to the event must be in good health and under their control at all times. Guests may not bring animals into the event for the purpose of selling them at the event, as only show vendors with appropriate permits may sell animals. Any guests who violate these policies will be asked to leave the show. Each guest bringing animals into the show is responsible for researching and complying with all current laws regarding their animals.