Idaho Information

Potential and current vendors, please review these pages to become familiar with Repticon’s rules and show schedule, and also to review State and local laws and requirements. You may also register for tables using our online form or contact a Vendor Coordinator at the Booking Office.

Bookings Office Hours:
10:00am-4:00pm EST
407- 734-EXPO


Idaho Rules & Information

These Rules & Information are provided as a convenience to Repticon vendors and exhibitors, and may not be comprehensive for every animal. Each vendor is responsible for researching and complying with all current laws regarding their animals.

The state of Idaho has split jurisdiction for animals entering the state. The Department of Agriculture deals with “deleterious” exotic animals and invasive species. The Idaho Department of Fish and Game deals with everything else, including common pet shop species.

The Department of Agriculture prohibits the following in the state of Idaho:

  • rough skinned newts
  • bullfrogs
  • red eared sliders
  • Mediterranean geckos
  • common wall lizards, genus Podarcis
  • blind snakes
  • snapping turtles
  • All venomous species
  • Snakes covered by the Federal python ban (Burmese Python, African Rock Pythons, Yellow Anaconda)

The Department of Fish & Game requires a health certificate from the state of origin for all animals entering the state, and a Wildlife Importation Permit ($28 for non-residents) for certain animals entering the state.

Common pet shop species do not require an importation permit. These species include:

  • ball pythons
  • common colubrids such as corn snakes and milk snakes
  • green iguanas
  • bearded dragons
  • geckos
  • common monitor species

There is not an official list of common pet shop species, but vendors with questions about a particular species should contact Dr. Mark Drew of the Wildlife Health Lab for the Idaho Department of Fish & Game:

Dr. Mark Drew
Wildlife Health Lab: (208) 454-7646

Animals for display only do not require an importation permit.

Please review the following documents including Permit Application and the rules governing wildlife and invasive species.





More Shows


[table “98” not found /]